Kid Cudi


Every week I feel as though I describe whatever album I write about as "unique." I stand by this because I feel my music taste is unique. After all, not many people listen to the music I do! This artist though is a more popular one. Kid Cudi is a rapper most of my peers are familiar with, so instead of describing this album as unique to my taste, a more appropriate term would be "ahead of its time." 

"Man on the Moon: The End of Day" is an album he released in 2009. It follows a loose narrative structure that tells the story of Kid Cudi's alter-ego, "Mr. Rager," as he navigates through life. It is known for its blend of hip-hop, rock, and electronic music. This debut studio album was such a critical and commercial success that it cemented Kid Cudi's place in the music industry very early in his career.

I know a couple of these songs by heart but have never gone through and listened to the whole album. I'm hoping to find a few new ones that I love. I'll listen to each song, rate it out of 10, and then give the album an overall score on the same scale.

1: In My Dreams (Cudder Anthem)
An introspective and dreamy track without many lines. Definitely still sets an ominous mood at the beginning though. Rating: 5

2: Soundtrack 2 My Life
A deeply personal and emotional song reflecting on his life, mental health, and dreams. Rating: 8

3: Simple As...
A feel-good and uplifting song that is very catchy. Rating: 5

4: Solo Dolo (Nightmare)
A haunting and atmospheric track about loneliness and isolation. Rating: 8

5: Heart of a Lion (Kid Cudi Theme Music)
A triumphant and motivational song about chasing dreams and not giving up. Rating: 6

6: My World (feat. Billy Craven)
Another deeply personal track about self-discovery and acceptance. Rating: 7

7: Day 'N' Nite (nightmare)
A catchy song that captures the feeling of restlessness and insomnia. Rating: 10

8: Sky Might Fall 
Moody and atmospheric about the consequences of fame and success. Rating: 9

9: Enter Galactic (Love Connection)
Synth-heavy and upbeat track about love. Rating: 6

10: Alive (Nightmare) [feat. Ratatat]
A heavy electro-feeling song with a lot of guitar riffs to add to the vibe. Rating: 9

11: Cudi Zone
A melodic and more up-beat song about self-discovery and inner strength. Rating: 10

12: Make Her Say (feat. Kanye West)
Sampling "Poker Face," this is a playful song. Rating: 7

13: Pursuit of Happiness (Nightmare)
A catchy and anthemic track with an upbeat melody and relatable lyrics about searching for happiness. Rating: 10

14: Hyyerr (feat. Chip tha Ripper)
A laid-back and hazy song about getting lost in the moment. Rating: 7

15: Up Up & Away 
A feel-good and optimistic track that closes this album out on a high note. Rating: 10


Overall Rating: 8/10





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MT. JOY